Hours of operation: 9:00am – 5:00pm Australian Eastern Standard Time
Email Address: email@example.com
International hours of operation: check with your local distributor
What the help desk does:
The help desk’s prime responsibilities are to provide Product Error Correction Services and Technical Support. It is the second point of call for problems you may have with your KnowRisk application. The first point of call is the Support Forum.
The support people manning the help desk are a valuable resource as they are familiar with all the Errors/bugs and technical issues (as you know, there are not many). They are also able to access developers and consultants and so will know who you should be talking to if the matter is not related to Errors or Technical Support issues.
Note: The help desk does not help people with Project Support i.e.how to use the system. They will put you onto the right person in these cases, either a consultant or developer.
The help desk is there to record, track and notify matters relating to Errors/bugs and Technical issues.
Who should call the help desk:
We request that you have no more that 2 people charged with calling the help desk. This is a condition of the Maintenance Services. It makes sense that there is an area in your organisation keeping track of issues (real or perceived).
Our experience is that customers assign this duty to the KnowRisk Administrator and the Network Administrator/Support manager.
Dealing with Errors and Technical Issues:
1. The help desk will assist you to register and track Errors and Technical Issues.
The level 1& 2 product support people manning the help desk are also moderators of the Support Forum and we encourage you to first see if your matter is registered in the Forum. Registering an entry in the Forum will get prompt response. If an Error in a known one, you will be immediately advise of the status and workarounds, if any. Otherwise…
2. The help desk will agree with you the severity of the impact of the Error and severe Errors are escalated immediately they are reported.
3. The help desk will try and reproduce the Error or Technical issue and may well request further information from you. The case may be difficult to reproduce and in these situations the support people will hand the case over to the developer in charge of the effected application component.
4. The developer may then request further information and in cases may want to witness the procedure. To do this we use a technology called Webex which allows us to witness your screen in a secure manner for your organisation. In other cases, the developer may assist in getting further diagnostic information from your system.
5. Once the Error or issue can be reproduced, we first look to find a workaround that might assist you.
It is then analysed, costed and prioritised to be fixed and recorded in the Support Forum. Workarounds are notified and discussed and are also recorded on the Forum.
What it costs to call the Help Desk:
If you are calling about an Error or have discovered a technical issue, this service is free.
For Project Support i.e. “how to”, the call is free for the first 60 days after purchase.
The standard charge for Project Support is AUD$120/hr and is charged in 15min increments. You will be told if the call is billable before you incur any costs.